You've probably seen Dali's iconic Lobster Telephone, well now we present to you, the lobster bow. Stylishly Surrealist, this fascinator uses an oversized plastic crustacean and excessive amounts of royal blue veiling to full effect. We recommend pairing it with some next-level contouring and a side of butter.
What You'll Need:
- Plastic lobster, $3 (plus shipping), from Rhode Island Novelty
- 2 yards blue veiling or tulle, such as this royal blue tulle from Tulle Shop
- Blue fascinator base, $5, from Fancy Goods
- Thin cord
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Metal hair clip or hair comb
1. Lay out 2 yards of tulle or veiling. Starting from one end of the material, measure an 18-inch-long section and fold it back on the rest of the material. Fold over two more times to create one 18-inch-long piece with 4 layers. Make a bow shape by cinching the tulle in the middle and tying with cord.
2. Hot glue the center of the bow to the fascinator base, then adhere the lobster on top.
3. Glue a metal hair clip to the bottom of the fascinator base or hand-stitch a hair comb to the underside.
- Lobster Fascinator
- Your Dog as A Side of Butter
- Contouring Like You've Never Seen it Before: Halloween Edition
- Super Surreal Nail Art: Sky's-the-Limit Digits
Many thanks to Spoonflower for the blue sky backdrop, which is available as wallpaper, gift wrap & fabric from Koalalady's shop.