In a fitting segue from garden month to green home month, we spotted this eco gardening kit from Biome Lifestyle. Practical and very beautiful, this would make a great gift for a stylish and green-leaning gardener.
Each kit includes:
• 8 gallon TubTrug
• Beechwood soil dibber (a truly neat item; it's a stake with measurements on it so you can see how deep of a hole you are making for your plantings)
• FSC paper potter (a wooden tool for making your own seedling pots from recycled newspaper)
• Stainless steel fork, hand trowel and transplanting trowel with ash handles
• Five handmade oak plant labels and marker pen
• Hemp knit gloves with PVC grips
• Four bottle top waterers (a way to re-use plastic bottles with screw tops a get a little sprinkling action for your plants)
• Gardeners soap
Since Biome Lifestyle is a UK-based business, it might make more sense to be inspired by what they've put together here, and recreate it with supplies available closer to home. About $120, here.