Jennifer is expecting her first in November. She wrote us to share about her minimization efforts. "We are buying most of our gear used. Also, we are trying to minimize the use of battery powered toys or gear until the baby is at least three years old. Our slogan - Battery free until I'm three!" Great slogan...
A few of the things Jennifer is doing:
• Scouring Craigs List for used items rather than buying new ones. "I only go after exactly what I would have bought new, and it has to be in near perfect condition," she says.
• Carefully evaluating what is really needed. She found this list on baby gear you can live without over at Green Baby Guide.com.
• Registering even though she's not a registry person- so that people wouldn't just get them things they don't need or want.
• Investigating the different options for cloth diapering including G diapers and Kushies.
• Making Homemade baby wipe solution with reusable cloth wipes.
You can read more details about Jennifer's efforts over at her blog.