How Do I Update '80s Cabinets?

How Do I Update '80s Cabinets?

Tess Wilson
Mar 8, 2016

Q: I bought a house last year and despise my kitchen cabinets. The house was built in 1982 and the cabinets are definitely of that time period. The top and bottom of the each cabinet door is curved [photo below], so even if I repaint/restain, they'll look dated. I can't even remove the cabinet doors and do open shelving because the door cutouts themselves are curved as well. Is there anything I can do or am I doomed to live in the '80s? -Sent by Andrea

Editor: At first I thought, "Oh, those look just like the dated cabinets I hate in my new house," but then I realized Andrea was saying these have curved doors and curved openings. Who even heard of curved openings?!? Anyway, readers, what should Andrea do about this odd cupboard situation? Please help!

• Have a question for our community? Send us yours with a photo or two attached (questions with photos get answered first).

moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt