ATLA reader is interested in finding others out there interested in discussing green living: "Are there any AT meetings or groups in L.A. to discuss Green Living and/or getting to know people of the same mind?"
Jackie, we currently don't have any AT green events scheduled yet, but we think it's a great idea. Pardon the pun, but you've planted a seed. In the meantime, there are some local resources like the Silver Lake store All Shades of Green, who plan green information events. They're scheduled for a lecture about permaculture this coming July 13th. Details after the jump.
We also recommend attending the LADWP composting events, becoming active in a community garden, and check out the LA Eco-Village. How many of you out there would be interested in an AT Los Angeles Green meet up in the future?
JULY 13TH: PERMACULTURE FOR EASY LIVING
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
When: Sunday July 13th, 6-8pm
Where: All Shades of Green
Early bird special: $20 if you sign up by Monday, July 7th!
Permaculture design fits easily into modern needs for eco-friendly, green and sustainable design. We invite you to an evening of discovery and discussion of how to use the principles of permaculture for an easier life, healthier land, and happier pets.
Lecture will cover the following:
· Definition & history of permaculture's sustainable technology
· How permaculture aligns with feng shui
· Solutions for building healthy soil
· Placement of pets indoors or outdoors
· Ways to attract butterflies and birds to your environment
· What to place at the front door, kitchen or back door for easy living
· Conscious landscape design that conserves water
· Which plants offer good nutrition to you and your family
Contact Kim at the Shambhalla Institute for more information
Tel. 323.309.2945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-registration is required, call All Shades of Green to reserve your spot.
3038 Rowena Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90039