Look!: "Floating" Artwork on Decorative Paper

Look!: "Floating" Artwork on Decorative Paper

Lily Gahagan
Apr 23, 2008

We found this image in the comments section of our post on Paper Source. AT Curer Goodnightdean "floated" her artwork on high-quality paper, rather than using matboard. Click below for the how-to.

This process looks best with artwork done on paper with unfinished edges. We recommend finding a piece of paper you love that compliments the artwork, then apply some double-sided tape about an inch and a half to two inches inside the edge of the art, on the back, of course. Center the art on the paper and place down, making sure the papers are stuck together on all sides. Next, get some acrylic spacers (try Econospace or get some from your local frame shop). These are thin pieces of acrylic that you stick to the inside edge of the glass with which you're framing. The acrylic puts a little gap between the artwork and the glass, so your art doesn't get damaged and you get that nice "floating" look. Put the frame back together, and there you go! You've got a professional framing look that you've done on your own.

Images: Goodnightdean

moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt