- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I recently moved from Miami to San Francisco. For four years, I lived in a tiny 450 SF apartment. When I moved to San Francisco, I knew my rent would be doubled and the apartment size cut in half. Predictably, I now live in a cozy 225 SF teeny-tiny apartment.
What I love most about my apartment is how thought out and intentional each element is. With only 225 SF, every object has to be meticulously sized and artfully curated. Moving to a new city, with a new job, and a completely new life, I needed a place of my own to help feel more rooted, regardless of its size. 225 SF is undoubtedly tiny, but this pocket of space created a sense of home in city very far from home.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Be sure every piece is personal and aesthetically pleasing to you. The apartment is tiny, and every object is on display.
2. Select pieces that are multi-functional and are physically or visually lightweight. For example, my dining table is up on casters and also functions as my desk. The movable wall sconce is both a reading light over my sofa and nightlight over my bed. And, my bed frame is composed of large drawers, which hold shoes, suitcases, and folded clothes.
3. Purge frequently. My teeny-tiny apartment has helped simplified my life.