Love Apartment Therapy House Tours? Want to join our team and share stylish spaces from your part of the world? Well, now is your time! We're putting out a special call for Tour Contributors. If you've got strong photography skills, an excellent eye for style and are inspired by wonderfully designed homes and the people who live in them, read on.
We're looking for people to photograph and write House Tours of homes of all sizes and styles. (Domestic and International applicants are both welcome.) This is a paid, freelance position.
→ DEADLINE TO APPLY
- We review applications on a rolling basis!
- Applications should be sent via email (must have "Tour Contributor Search" in the subject line) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com.
- Excellent photography skills and a good eye for stellar images
- Accurate, confident writing ability
- A strong sense of style and interest in interiors
- A reliable computer and high-speed internet connection
- A good quality digital camera/lenses/tripod
- Access to Photoshop, Lightroom or equivalent editing program
→HOW TO APPLY
1. Your name, contact information and, if you have one, a link to your online photography portfolio or Instagram account.
Please include where you live and the locations you'd be able to shoot tours.
2. What you do full time
3. A few ideas of homes you'd feature as Tours in the future
4. A complete sample House Tour (instructions below)
(Note: We don't send out auto-reply confirmation emails for applications received, but you will hear from us after we review your application.)
→YOUR COMPLETE SAMPLE HOUSE TOUR NEEDS:
- A minimum of 20 of your original, high-resolution JPEG photo files that are large (2000 pixels minimum, saved for web and converted to sRGB). → We look for a mix of beautiful images; both vertical and horizontally oriented photos. You must take overall photos of rooms as well as close-up shots. (Name the files numerically in the order they should be viewed, like photo1.jpg, photo2.jpg...) We suggest using a free service like Dropbox, and linking to the folder in the application email.
- Write descriptive captions for photos (number them to correspond to the image file names)
- Tour participant's basic info (name, location, size of home, length of time they have lived there and whether the home is owned or rented)
- Three short intro paragraphs
- A filled-out house tour survey completed by the tour participant (example in sample tour linked below)
- A complete resource list — include links to the resources (example in sample tour linked below)
- A floor plan (can be a casual sketch hand drawn or made using an online program by the homeowner, it doesn't need to be "official" or to scale.)
A sample house tour can be viewed here to see all the components of a complete post.
→ DEADLINE TO APPLY
- We review applications on a rolling basis, so send it in now!
- Applications should be sent via email ("Tour Contributor Search" must be in the subject line) to: firstname.lastname@example.org