If you want to ditch the credit card, Amazon has a way you can still shop online—and get free cash while you're at it.
We're all about free money, and here's one opportunity to get some: First time customers get $10 in Amazon Cash when they add $40 to their account. This will come in handy particularly during the holiday season, when we're making purchases on the reg.
The program is one way you can ditch your credit or debit card for Amazon purchases. Here's how it works: You can add cash to your Amazon balance at over 30,000 stores, ranging from 7-Eleven and Cumberland Farms to Wegmans and CVS. Using your app barcode or cell phone number, you can add between $5 to $500 to your Amazon Cash account. It's then immediately available for you to use to make purchases from the website, without any fees like other sites. And if you have something you're gunning to buy on Amazon, that free $10 will come in handy.
The Amazon Cash program was created two years ago. It's a good means of buying things for those who get paid in cash. According to TechCrunch, the FDIC said in 2015 that the "cash customer" accounts for around 27 percent of consumers.
More Amazon news
- Amazon Announces Free Shipping For the Holidays—Even If You Don't Have Prime
- Amazon Is Reportedly Choosing Two Cities for HQ2
- Amazon Warehouse Is a Hidden Resource for Discounted Stuff
- Amazon Is Rolling Out Black Friday Deals–and Running New Ones All Month
- These Tiny House Kits on Amazon Start at Only $4,690